One of the functions of the school health program is to promote students' health through early identification and detection of any problems that may cause disability or interfere with learning.
The following screening programs are provided to students. Minnesota Department of Health screening guidelines are followed for the screening procedures.
• Vision Screening for all students in 1st, 4th, and 7th grades.
• Titmus Vision Screening for IEP evaluations and on request.
• Color Vision Screening for 1st grade boys.
• Scoliosis Screening for 6th grade girls.
• Hearing Screening for all students in 1st, 4th, and 7th grades.
Any additional screenings are done by request.
Parents will be notified for any students who do not pass the screening.